5 Easy Ways for Stress Reduction
When we have chronic stress, feelings of being overwhelmed, our physical health is affected. Here are 5 ways to decrease your stress.
- EXERCISE. Increase your physical activity. Regular exercise decreases stress hormones. Your body produces endorphins that will improve your mood and act as a natural painkiller. Increased physical activity also improves your sleep that results in decreased stress and anxiety. By having regular exercise your self-esteem improves and your mood is better. This results in positive mental health. Make sure you contact your primary care provider to find the right exercise routine. Find what you like to do such as walking in nature, dancing, yoga, that can relieve stress and decrease anxiety.
- NATURE. Spend time with nature that results in decreased anxiety and relieves worry and stress. Mother nature distracts us from our stress source. By walking in natural surroundings, your mood will improve, increase your metabolism due to increased physical activity that decreases your blood pressure, relieves muscle tension, and decrease heart rate.
- MUSIC. Music can affect our mood when we are stressed. Soothing music decreases his heart rate and lowers blood pressure that results in decreased levels of stress hormones. Singing can also relieve stress and uplift your mood.
- JOURNALING. Journaling is a good way to decrease stress that improves mental health well-being. A gratitude journal relieves stress and anxiety. Writing about what we are grateful helps us focus on the positive things in life. You can also try to write a success journal by focusing on your successes and wins in life that can reduce stress and worry.
- Just aromatherapy that helps with emotional health and improves sleep. Choose the right scent that you prefer that calms your mood. Since such as lavender, rose, mint, frankincense, chamomile will also improve your sleep. Aromatherapy comes in many forms such as essential oils, diffusers, spitzers, Epsom salt baths, oils, massage lotions, and scented candles.
If you are overwhelmed and need support, please click on the link and make an appointment