June is Pride month for our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month). It is annually celebrated in June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots in. The riots sparked resistance against the police harassment and persecution of the LGBT community.
Pride month continues to raise awareness for justice and equal opportunity for the (LGBTQ) Americans.
How to support the LGBTQ community:
- Be visible and come out as an ally for the LGBTQ community.
- Educate yourself on the LGBTQ population.
- Race awareness amongst your friends and family about the LGBTQ community.
- Lead by example. Show kindness and empathy.
- Be sensitive. Provide dignity and respect to all gender orientations and identities.
- Get involved with your local PTA and advocate for LGBTQ Students.
- Advocate for a safe place for LGBTQ community.