September is Suicide Prevention & Awareness Month. We raise awareness to decrease stigma on this topic. We spread love, hope, and empathy for those who are affected by suicide. MSICS MENSSANA wants to ensure that everyone has access to the resources they need to discuss suicide prevention and to seek help.
Here are some warning signs of suicide:
- Impulsive or reckless behavior
- Aggressive behavior
- Increased alcohol and drug use
- Withdrawal and isolation from friends, family, and community
- Dramatic shifting of mood
Suicidal behaviors are ALWAYS a psychiatric emergency. Please seek immediate help from a psychiatric mental health provider.
- Giving away possessions
- Saying goodbye to friends and family
- Tying up loose ends, like organizing personal papers or paying off debts
- Collecting and saving pills or buying a weapon
If you are having suicidal thoughts, call 911 or the crisis hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or contact us please click on the link and make an appointment